Graduate School Requirements
These are the minimum requirements for admission into UF graduate programs:
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor's degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester in which the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores that are acceptable to the applicant's intended academic unit or, for select programs, at least 465 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). These scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
- For applicants from countries (including Puerto Rico) where English is not the official language, a minimum score on one of these English Skills tests: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 550 paper, or 80 internet; International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6; Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): 77; or documented successful completion of the University of Florida English Language Institute program.
- Satisfactory conduct record
- Proof of medical immunization
- If you have already attended the UF Graduate School but not enrolled for two or more consecutive terms, which includes summer sessions, you must apply for readmission whether to the same or a different graduate program.