- Check the department website for the major in which you are interested in attending for application requirements and deadline information. It is important that you fully understand your department's specific application process prior to submitting your graduate application. Please communicate directly with your department if you have questions concerning how to apply to their program.
- Fill out and submit your online application and application fee. UF's non-refundable application fee is $30.00. Credit card payments require an additional $1.75 processing fee. If unable to pay via credit card, please include the cover memo provided within the application and include your full name and UFID on the check or money order.
You can now opt to submit your statement of purpose, résumé, letters of recommendation and unofficial copies of your transcript via the online application. Check your department website to see if they have any specific policies concerning the submission of these materials and follow their outlined procedures, if addressed. If not uploaded as part of your application, please mail these materials directly to your department.
Upon submission, you will receive your 8-digit UFID. This number is unique to you and should be used in all e-mail communication and any subsequent applications submitted. It is critical that you do not submit additional applications without using your assigned UFID as that can significantly impact the matching of test scores, transcripts and financial aid information to your academic record.
- Have your official test scores (GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, TSE, FE) sent to the Office of Admissions. The test score code for GRE, TOEFL and TSE is 5812.
If scores cannot be sent electronically, they should be addressed to
UF Office of Admissions
POB 114000 (201 Criser Hall)
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Official test scores are automatically made available to your department. Check your department website to see if they have any specific policies concerning test scores as some require applicants to send official scores to both the Office of Admissions and to their direct attention.
An exemption for GMAT or GRE may be granted if you have earned a previous graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. Some MFA or MM performance students with the College of Fine Arts do not need GRE scores. Contact the department for specific requirements.
- Arrange to have official transcripts sent to the UF Office of Admissions from each postsecondary institution attended. If you attended UF as your postsecondary institution, you do not have to order a transcript from the Office of the University Registrar as your academic unit will already have access to your transcript.
International applicants must submit to the Office of Admissions an official copy in the native language of each transcript, mark sheet and diploma/degree certificate from each university or college attended, along with certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- You can check the receipt of materials by the Office of Admissions by clicking the Check Your Status button. The Office of Admissions' Online Status page will only reflect information concerning materials forwarded directly to the Office of Admissions and does not include materials that are required to be sent directly to your department. Please refer directly to your department concerning materials that they may require.
Please communicate directly with your department concerning the status of your application and the timing for the receipt of a decision. At the graduate level, decisions are made at the departmental level, and applicants will receive their decision directly from the department to which they applied.
Note: Please include your UFID on all documents that you personally mail to the attention of the Office of Admissions. Failure to do so can significantly impact the matching of submitted materials to your academic record.