The Department of Housing and Residence Education will email you instructions for completing your campus housing contract within 1-2 weeks if you applied for campus housing prior to your admission. Campus housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. There are 7,000 on-campus residence spaces.
- The advance rent payment must accompany the signed contract ID form unless you are participating in the State of Florida Prepaid Program. That office will be billed directly for all rent payments (except summer) after UF receives the signed housing contract ID form.
- Campus housing is billed by the semester, not by the month or year.
- Rent statements for the initial term are billed to the permanent home address. Subsequent billings are mailed to the student's local address.
- Students who do not attend UF must notify the Department of Housing and Residence Education on the myHousing portal to request cancellation of their residence hall contract. There is a cancellation fee.
- Residence hall contracts cannot be canceled unless you successfully petition and can provide written documentation to the Department of Housing and Residence Education of severe medical or financial hardship.
- Residence hall contracts cannot be canceled to live in a fraternity or sorority house unless a special release is approved by the director of Housing and Residence Education. Special releases generally occur only in the first two weeks of September.
- Residence hall contracts beyond the freshman year are limited to accommodate the incoming freshman class.
- All freshmen who enter the university in the summer must live on campus that term if they desire campus housing in the fall.
- The university offers on-campus apartments and villages that vary from one to two bedrooms, as well as flat and townhouse units for graduate students and students with families.
Floor plans, dimensions, photos and additional information are available online at www.housing.ufl.edu.