Beginning with the 2016-2017 admissions cycle, the University of Florida will use the Coalition Application for the freshman application. UF will require a response to one of the general essay prompts used as part of the Coalition Application. Your essay is a very important part of your application. The essay that you write helps the university know you as an individual, independent of grades, test scores and other objective data.
Please submit one essay. Remember to keep within the 500-word maximum length.
- Tell a story from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it.
- Describe a time when you made a meaningful contribution to others in which the greater good was your focus. Discuss the challenges and rewards of making your contribution.
- Has there been a time when you've had a long-cherished or accepted belief challenged? How did you respond? How did the challenge affect your beliefs?
- What is the hardest part of being a teenager now? What's the best part? What advice would you give a younger sibling or friend (assuming they would listen to you)?
- Submit an essay on a topic of your choice.